World NewsUS military base targeted with rocket attack in Syria, CENTCOM says

US military base targeted with rocket attack in Syria, CENTCOM says

NEWNow you can hearken to Fox Information articles!

Extremist forces focused a U.S.-controlled base in Syria with three rocket assaults Sunday, however the ordnance did not strike U.S. forces or gear.

The U.S. has but to confirm who was answerable for the assault, which focused a base often known as Inexperienced Village in northeastern Syria, in line with CENTCOM. There have been a number of assaults on U.S. forces in Syria in current months, various from drone-carried explosives to infantry assaults.

“Three 107mm rockets focused the bottom. A fourth rocket together with rocket tubes was discovered on the launch level, roughly 5 kilometers away,” CENTCOM wrote in an announcement. “U.S. forces in northeast Syria are investigating the incident.”

The assault comes weeks after the U.S. carried out air strikes towards Iranian-backed militants within the area.

US-BACKED FORCES IN SYRIA ARREST DOZENS OF ISIS TERRORISTS HIDING IN REFUGEE CAMP

US forces present navy coaching to PKK, listed as a terrorist group by Turkiye, the U.S. and the EU, and the YPG militia, which Turkiye regards as a terror group on the Al-Malikiyah district within the Al-Hasakah province, Syria on September 7, 2022. (Hedil Amir/Anadolu Company through Getty Pictures)

An ISIS militant stands on a tank captured from Syrian government forces, in the town of Qaryatain southwest of Palmyra, central Syria. (Photo released Aug. 5, 2015 by Rased News Network, a Facebook page affiliated with ISIS/via AP)

An ISIS militant stands on a tank captured from Syrian authorities forces, within the city of Qaryatain southwest of Palmyra, central Syria. (Photograph launched Aug. 5, 2015 by Rased Information Community, a Fb web page affiliated with ISIS/through AP)

US LAUNCHES SECOND SET OF STRIKES IN SYRIA AGAINST IRANIAN-BACKED MILITIAS

“We’ll reply appropriately and proportionally to assaults on our servicemembers,” Gen. Michael Kurilla, commander of U.S. CENTCOM stated in late August. “No group will strike at our troops with impunity. We’ll take all needed measures to defend our folks.”

The air strikes got here after three U.S. service members had been injured in a rocket assault towards one other base.

The same incident noticed drones carrying explosives fly right into a U.S. base in southern Syria.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

American and allied forces on the al-Tanf compound suffered no accidents or injury from the assault, nevertheless. Troops stationed on the base shot down one of many drones earlier than it may enter the compound. One other one flew inside a constructing and detonated however precipitated no accidents.

The U.S. garrison at al-Tanf conducts frequent patrols alongside coalition forces towards Islamic State militants.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Subscribe Today

GET EXCLUSIVE FULL ACCESS TO PREMIUM CONTENT

SUPPORT NONPROFIT JOURNALISM

EXPERT ANALYSIS OF AND EMERGING TRENDS IN CHILD WELFARE AND JUVENILE JUSTICE

TOPICAL VIDEO WEBINARS

Get unlimited access to our EXCLUSIVE Content and our archive of subscriber stories.

Exclusive content

Latest article

More article